Being an entrepreneur or a freelancer is a very tricky one-person show that either makes you successful or someone who struggles to manage clients.
The work-day as an entrepreneur is full of different proposal drafting, contract creation, client on-boarding, and tax compliance. And, after all of that, they get to manage their business execution and the activities that are going to make them money.
Out there in the real world, nearly all of us think that we are quite organized and we don’t need help from anyone or any application, but there is a very real possibility that when you are trying to execute and manage so much as a singular entity, something is bound to go wrong.
This is why, in this article, we are going to talk about some of the best project management app for freelancers on the market right now, that can easily help make sure that all of the activities that you have to perform, on a daily basis, are executed and managed properly.
5 Best Freelance Project Management Applications to Use in 2023
Here are the best project management app for freelancers that you can use in 2023.
Let’s take a look at all of these wonderful project management apps for freelancers in detail and find out how they are going to be beneficial for you in your entrepreneurial expeditions.
Being one of the most amazing project management applications out there in the market right now, nTask is a great catch for you if you are a freelancer and want to make sure that every single task and activity of yours regarding the work that you do every day, is properly managed.
The application has some of the most important project management features which are critical for freelance project management, like task scheduling and task management.
No matter what the number of tasks is and how big the project is, nTask will make sure that you get your work done without any obstacle or problem.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that this incredible freelance project management software has to offer to its clientele.
- Project management to make sure that all of the projects in your roster are executed and managed properly
- Task management to keep an eye on any and every task that goes into making your business a success
- Meeting management to keep track of all of the interactions that you have with your clients and other peers
- Kanban boarding to make sure that all of the information that you need regarding your project is laid out on the interface where you can easily access it
- Risk management to make sure that all of the scope creeps and risks related to your project development process are tracked and eliminated easily and without any damage to the project
- Gantt chart to keep track of task dependencies and other task-related data
- Basic Free plan for personal management
- Premium plan at $3 per month with Gantt charts, projects, financial summary, and Kanban Boards.
- Business plan at $8 per month with more storage, risk module, custom status, and role settings.
Try the best free Freelance PM software
Manage meetings, teams, tasks, timesheets and project with nTask. Sign up today!
- Get Started for Free
If you want a bare-bones application to manage your freelance projects, then you can use the application Trello.
The tool helps you to manage all of your solo or team-based projects, and its simple Kanban board interface makes it perfect to manage all of the tasks and processes included in your project development process.
- The collaboration features that the application offers makes it an amazing tool to use with your clients
- You can also add and display as many tasks, comments, attachments, and checklists, etc., depending upon the subscription package that you purchase
- There is also a built-in user-generated board repository that provides you with sufficient inspiration to customize all of your boards that are being displayed in your interface
- There is a free plan available for use if you want unlimited personal boards but with very limited automation features that the application offers
- If you want the full pack of those automation features, then the Trello pricing plans start at $12.50/month
If you are a freelance project manager and want to make sure that you have one of the best tools at your side for all of your workdays, then you need Monday.com. The application has many different features that help in the duties performed by the freelance project manager.
Here are some of the features that the application offers to its freelance project manager clientele from all over the world.
- Using the application, you can easily plan and monitor all of the goals and milestones that you have set for your project development process
- You can also view all of the monthly tasks and processes that you have to perform, in a list view
- You can integrate over 50 different applications with Monday.com to increase the efficiency of your work
- The application offers an incredible 7-day trial that helps you to make sure if all of the features fulfill your needs and requirements, and Monday.com is the application for you regarding freelance project management
- If you want everything that Monday.com has to offer including all of the different premium features, then you will have to pay $10/user/month
Check this out:
Asana Vs Monday Vs nTask: Which Project Management Tool Is the Best?
4. Toggl Plan
Toggl plan is an incredible to use for any freelance project manager software that allows you to manage all of the creative or technical projects that you are working on during your workdays.
The application is quite easy and intuitive to use with a minimal learning curve, which results in you managing your projects very easily in minutes.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that this freelance project management software has to offer to its clientele.
- The application helps you to schedule all of the tasks and processes in the timeline view and it also helps in categorizing the different tasks into segments
- You can also set different milestones for your tasks and processes for improved clarity
- You can also adjust your plan on the timeline view and also move all of the tasks from pending to completed using the drag-and-drop feature that the application offers
- You can also share access with your desired clients so that they can see the progress of their project being developed
- There is a free version of the application available for use if you want to use the tool in a limited feature capacity
- If you want the full arsenal of features that it offers, the paid pricing starts at $8/month
Another behemoth of software that can easily manage everything for any freelance project manager their tasks and processes is ClickUp.
The application includes different features like process management, time management, collaboration, and reporting, and also task management, to make sure that none of your planning or execution goes to waste, and you gain success without fail.
Here is a list of some of the other features that this freelance project management application has to offer to its clientele from all over the world.
- The application offers process management as a feature that allows you to set all kinds of different statuses for your tasks and processes to differentiate them easily, and it also helps you to set task dependencies, set all sorts of milestones, and also create different recurring checklists for better task management
- This application also offers for any freelance project manager time tracking, Pomodoro timer, and calendar sync, which helps you to improve your productivity and cut back on any procrastination regarding your work
- The application Webhooks also allow you to connect your ClickUp application with any third-party apps to automate all of the actions that you perform in the interface
- The timeline view helps you with project planning and road mapping so that there is no confusion regarding the project development process in the future
- If you are not sure about ClickUp as the new freelance project management software for you, then you can use the free trial that the company offers, which can help you to get to know the features of the tool, and all of that without paying a single dime to the company
- If you have decided on buying a subscription to the application, then you need to pay the company $9/user/month
These were our top picks for the best tool to conduct project management for freelancers out there in the market right now.
If you think that you have some software suggestions for us or if you think that we mentioned something in the article that was factually incorrect, then write to us, and we will look into it right away.
9 Best Organization Apps To boost Productivity in 2023 (New Guide)
6 Most Efficient Online Timer(s) to Track Your Billable Hours
18 Best Timesheet Software for Employee Time Tracking in 2023