Customer retention through a visual aspect is a critical marketing strategy that is being used by nearly all the businesses in the world right now.
Everyone wants to enjoy a perfectly created illustration or an appealing picture with additional information smeared all over by well-crafted text.
And this concept is not just for businesses either, you can create insightful content to educate people or even use some of these strategies in your daily professional life.
It is possible to do this manually, but in this fast-paced market, you don’t have the luxury of wasting time on anything. This is why, in this article, we are going to talk about the best Annotation tools that you can use in 2021 to make your business or overall professional content more appealing and intuitive.
What are the Annotation Tools?
Annotation tools are applications that you can use for drawing or a text-editing tool that you can use to add more information to an image, a database, or any other type of content that you are using in your business workflow or marketing process.
Let’s take a look at the three different types of annotations.
This type of annotation is available on different applications like Zoom which allows you to edit the screen that you are sharing with your team members, with texts and different other effects so that you can convey your voice and idea more effectively.
Manual annotation is exactly like how it sounds. You have to manually annotate any piece of content that you want to share with your peers or colleagues.
This type of annotation is used to teach students how to read, write, and think critically. It is a teaching strategy.
The Best 5 Annotation Tools to Use in 2022
Let’s take a look at all of them in detail and find out how they can enhance the attention span of your audience towards your content.
Being the best project management application, nTask is probably the best annotation tool that you can use right now. The application allows you to attach your desired attachment to the task that you are working on, which you can later comment on and assign that task to anyone you want.
We know that the application wasn’t built with annotation in mind, but the application has incredible content editing tools and tricks that allow you to present your content in a more presentable way. Some of the other features that the application has to offer are mentioned below.
- Multiple board views
- Public links
- Minutes of meeting
- Activity logging
- Due date tracking
- Task filters
- Meeting follow-ups
- Activity tracking
- Calendar sync with Google
- Issue management
- Project time tracking
- Project risks
- Status tracking
- Project budgeting
- Cost estimating
- Email invites
- Risk analytics
- Collaboration tools
- Task comments
- A free trial of the nTask is available for use if you want to use the software before you decide to purchase it
- The paid subscription of the application starts at $3/month
Try nTask today to manage your documents and collaboration.
Manage all your tasks, projects, team collaboration and more in one place. Sign up today!
Filestage is an incredible tool that allows you to review the content that you want to convey to your peers or colleagues. This platform is used widely by the marketing agencies, media production companies, and the marketing teams in the organization paradigm.
This application is also used to get the content that you want to publish, proofed, within your team, or even from the internal and external stakeholders that are involved in the working of your business or your project development process.
Some of the features that the application has to offer are as follows.
- Collaboration Tools
- External Review Process
- Internal Review Process
- PDF Commenting
- User Management
- Video Proofing
- Collaborative Review
- Document Review
- Image Proofing
- Manage Content Review Process
- SSL Security
- Version Control
- Workflow Management
- A free trial is available for use if you want to test out the application before you make a purchase
- The Starter package of the application is priced around $99/month
- The Pro version is around $249/month
- If you want to purchase the Enterprise version of the application then you have to contact the company and they will tailor a package around your needs and requirements
This is an incredible annotation tool that you can use to make your whole content annotation process a piece of cake. This application is very useful as you can use it from the first step of your content annotation process to the final stage when you have to project your material to your targeted audience.
One thing that is a major disadvantage in opting to use this application as your daily annotation driver, you can’t use this application on the go and work on your stuff. So, if you are a professional that uses their applications on the go, this application might not be for you.
- Image annotation
- Text annotation
- Text box, freehand notes, and polygon annotation
- Note creation
- Task assignment to your desired user
- Document drafting
- Communication tools
- A free version of the application is available that offers support for up to 3 users, but you will have limited features and functionalities than the other subscription models
- The Standard version of the application offers many other functionalities than the free version but if you want to purchase it, you will have to contact the company and they will tailor a price quote for you according to your needs and requirements
This application is an incredible PDF markup tool that allows you to markup many different elements of your project or your content through smaller tools like the polygon tool and text tool.
The tool allows you to annotate different types of documents that you are creating and projecting to your clients, peers, or colleagues, using digital ink.
But one drawback that the application has is that it is not intuitive, and the users have reported that they had a hard time understanding the functionalities of the tool. But if you stick to it and power through, the application has enough features to help you complete your work easily.
- Document/photo management
- 2D drawing
- Activity feed
- Navigation system
- File sharing
- Native iOS app support
- Live drawing updates
- Secured storage
- A free trial of the application is available to use if you want to test out the software before you decide on purchasing it
- The Basic version of the application is priced at $19/month
- The Standard version of the application is priced at $35/month
- If you want to get the Enterprise version of the application, you need to contact the company so that they can tailor a specific price quote for you according to your needs and requirements
ClickUp is an amazing project management application but where it truly shines in the context of this article, is the annotation features that you can use in this application and get work done easily.
The application has amazing features that allow it to perform various annotation processes quite effortlessly as it supports different formats like .png, .gif, .webp, and .jpeg.
- Assign Comments (turn comments into tasks)
- Chrome-like tabs
- Custom priorities
- Data import/export
- Email notifications
- Idea management
- Image mockups
- Multiple assignees
- Product road mapping
- Supports Agile
- Supports Scrum
- Task management
- White label option
- 3 different views
- A free version of the application is available, but you will have considerably less storage than what you get in the paid subscriptions
- The Unlimited version of the application is priced at $5/user/month which gives you unlimited storage, views, integrations, and reporting among many other features
- The Business version of the application is priced at $19/user/month which gives you all of the features of the unlimited version and on top of that, you get Goal folders, workload management, all of the dashboard widgets, and over 10,000 automation per month
- The Enterprise version of the application is incredible and consists of all of the features that the application has to offer, but if you want to purchase it, you need to contact the company so that they can tailor a price quote for you according to your needs and requirements
The aforementioned tools rounded up on our list for their fancy features.
However, if you have a personal favorite annotation app that isn’t highlighted in this post, feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.