Digital asset management for nonprofits is an up-and-coming endeavor. Nonprofits have to poach to a wide range of audiences and that demands engaging people through any and every means.
Digital assets such as presentations, digital ad campaigns, graphics, written content, etc. are of primary importance, keeping in mind the staggering number of people having internet access. As of 2022, a whopping 4.66 billion of our population are active internet users. The numbers only indicate the importance and efficacy of digital means of engagement.
As a nonprofit organization, you need efficient means to store, manage and distribute digital content. This requires the use of an efficient system for digital asset management for nonprofits.
This article looks into the details of digital asset management for nonprofits and digital asset management integration to help you steer clear of mismanagement and disorganization.
Let us first take a look at digital asset management.
What Is Digital Asset Management (DAM)?
As the name suggests, DAM refers to the management of digital data. The digital assets in question can include images, videos, presentations, graphics, text files, etc.
DAM helps you store, organize and manage all the digital assets of your nonprofit organization. A good DAM system makes data easily searchable and makes it easy for members to collaborate efficiently.
A research study found that implementing a comprehensive digital asset management system can result in:
- 92% optimization in workflow
- 90% centralized access to files
- 72% reuse of digital content
The betterment in work performance helps users save 2.96 hours each week, with which companies can save up to $5,315.44 a year for every user.
Why Is Digital Asset Management for Nonprofits Important?
Digital assets are becoming increasingly important and effective with the world’s rapid technological developments. Companies, profit or nonprofit, are heavily investing in digital assets to target global audiences and attract clients.
While digital assets continue to soar in the marketing world, it is only imperative that an efficient system be created for the organization and management of these assets. This demands quick and easy access for all team members, visualization features, sharing ability, and other features.
Here are five reasons that make digital asset management for nonprofits a must-have:
1. Lack Of Storage
The importance of digital assets for nonprofits is already evident. This means that tons of data is generated every passing minute. While creating such a huge amount of data, one day or another, you are bound to run out of storage space on your PC or laptop. Only with a good digital asset management platform can you store all the data in one place.
Not only is storage a big question mark for nonprofit organizations, but organizing such huge amounts of data also poses a question. In this regard, digital asset management can be your knight in shining armor. With data organization and management features, it can easily sort out all the content for you and make it readily available with indexing and searching features.
Making sure that all your digital data is safe and secure is also important since any breach can lead to disastrous outcomes. An ideal DAM platform, however, will relieve you of this burden by offering a safe and secure platform for data storage.
4. Sharing Information
Sharing information among all the teams and team members in an organization can be a big headache. Extracting important files and sharing them with relevant personnel consumes a significant amount of your time. But, with a DAM system, you can say goodbye to these time-consuming tasks and focus your energies on more important tasks.
5. Brand Image Consistency
Nonprofit organizations have a global reach. With volunteers scattered across different parts of the globe, it becomes necessary to ensure consistency in your brand image. Fortunately, you can take help from a DAM tool to handle all these tedious tasks for you.
Benefits Of Digital Asset Management for Nonprofits
Here are some of the most covetable benefits of using a DAM platform for your data:
- Unified platform: DAM system offers a unified platform for data storage. You can easily store all your data in a library to keep everything in one place.
- Access control: By assigning roles and permissions, you can easily control access to your organization’s digital data.
- Powerful search and indexing features: Immediate retrieval of information is made easy with strong indexing and search capabilities.
- Readymade templates: Readymade templates can make digital asset management a breeze. All you have to do is choose a template of your liking and customize it accordingly.
- Finance management: Budgeting and finance management and reports is also a major plus of DAM software.
- Communication and collaboration: Another promising feature of DAM is its ability to help teams communicate and collaborate with each other, without any hiccups in the process.
- Notification, reminders, and alerts: Latest updates on the ongoing processes can help you stay on top of all the work.
- Integration: Most of the Dam solutions offer integrations with other tools to make sure your work has a smooth flow and there are no hindrances midway.
- Data sharing: Sharing digital data is a piece of cake with the right DAM tool in hand.
- Security: Last but not least, DAM software ensures the safety and security of your digital data, making sure that your data is protected at all times.
With all these advantages, it is simply impossible to overlook the importance of a good DAM tool. An ideal DAM tool will streamline your workflow and help you improve your productivity.
Digital Asset Management Integration:
Nonprofit organizations have tons of things to deal with. This means juggling different tools and keeping up with all the processes on different platforms.
You often have to share files across various platforms or simply need other tools to make sure that the underlying processes are completed efficiently. This is where digital asset management integration comes in!
There are three main ways of integrating third-party tools and apps:
- Copy and share the hyperlink
- Background middleware to sync data between both
- Share and access digital assets with Application programming interface (API)
Connecting and integrating your DAM tool with other software can further help you streamline your workflow and achieve better results.
All-In-One DAM Solution – nTask:
nTask is a one-stop shop when it comes to digital asset management for nonprofits. The tool offers a unified space for various different processes including digital asset management.
nTask is basically a project management software but its features far exceed regular tools. It offers seven different management modules to help organizations manage their business processes much more efficiently. The management modules include:
- Project Management
- Task Management
- Team Management
- Time Tracking & Timesheets
- Meeting Management
- Issue Tracking
- Risk Management
With over 250,000 teams across 155 countries, nTask continues to turn heads in the business world. All of its management modules are further equipped with the latest features, ensuring a good experience with the tool.
Here are some of the things you can do with nTask:
- Create projects
- Divide projects into tasks and subtasks
- Assign different resources to each task
- Set start and end dates
- Schedule deadlines
- Track your performance over time
- Communicate and collaborate with your team members
- Share files and attachments easily
- Keep an eye on financial reports
- Visualize projects as Kanban boards or Gantt charts
- Integrate with 1000s of apps including Zapier
- Keep your digital data safe with the two-factor authentication system
- Take charge of your digital assets anywhere, anytime with Android and iOS mobile app
- Identify and mitigate risks and issues and much more.
What is even more amazing is that nTask is a budget-friendly DAM tool with the first-priced plan starting at just $2.99. You can also book a demo or sign up for a free trial of 14 days before formally subscribing to the tool.
All in all, nTask is a great tool for digital asset management for nonprofit organizations out there.
Organize your digital assets in one place
Manage tasks, resources, projects, documents, and create workflows. Sign up today!
We just gave you a comprehensive overview of DM for nonprofits and an in-depth overview of digital asset management integration. We hope that you will be able to make a smarter choice for your nonprofit organization with the help of this article.
Till next time, goodbye!