In the market, when we talk about a complete product that comes in the display, it is an excellent culmination of many individual steps that have been completed by the members of the product development team members playing different roles.
In order to make the team exceedingly productive while making sure that every single member of the team knows what they have to do, the project managers create to-do lists in correlation with the scrum team.
This to-do list is mapped out by the strategic roadmap of the whole project or product and is called a product backlog.
If you are in need of a product management backlog, then you have come to the right place because, in this article, we are going to explore the market and find out the 7 best product backlog management applications and how they can fulfill our needs and requirements in 2022. Let’s begin.
7 Best Product Backlog Management Tools
Here is a list of all of the tools and applications that we are going to discuss in this article regarding product backlog management.
Table of Contents
Let’s discuss all of these incredible applications in detail and find out how they can be useful to us regarding product backlog management.
We are starting with one of the most sought-after project management and task management application right now in the market called nTask.
The application is an incredible tool that allows you to easily manage your backlog and also allows you to create dependencies and seniorities so that your team can know exactly what they have to work on.
- Task management to make sure that all of your tasks and processes are tracked and managed
- Project management to oversee all of the management activities regarding the product or the project
- Gantt charting and Kanban boarding to manage the project backlog management so that the team can know what they have to do regarding the project
- Risk management and bug tracking to weed out all of the bugs and scope creeps related to the project
- There is a free trial being offered by the company and the paid pricing starts from $3/month
Manage Product Backlogs With nTask
Organize tasks, projects, issues, Gantt charts, and create custom fields. Sign up today!
2. Microsoft Planner
If you have a team that is not yet familiar with the overall paradigm of product backlog tools then Microsoft Planner is perfect for you. The application is perfect for big and small teams wanting to manage their product backlog, and apart from that, it has an impressive feature resume.
- Kanban boards to make sure that your product development team has a great view of all of the tasks and processes that they have to perform as a part of the product roadmap that has been defined by their manager
- Reporting and analysis to make sure that everyone has the required information about every little aspect of the project
- Drag and drop interface with pristine intuitiveness so that the users don’t get lost or confused while using the application
- The company offers a free trial of this incredible software, but if you want to get a paid subscription, then you’ll have to pay a starting price of $5/user/month
If you want software that is a full suite for the project development teams and the scrum master alike, then you will love Yodiz. The application comes with incredible features and functionalities that truly make it an excellent product backlog software.
Some of those incredible features that make the application so excellent are as follows.
- Alerts to make sure that no notification or update is missed by the scrum master or the product development team members
- Audit Trail to make sure that whatever happens as part of the product backlog management, is recorded and quantifiable later on
- Billing & Invoicing to make sure that the finances related to the overall product development process are in order
- Agile Methodologies to make sure that using the application, you can manage a lot of different projects at once without any obstacles
- Assignment Management to make sure that the specific team members are assigned the assignments according to their strengths
- Backlog Management to make sure that everyone knows what they have to do and nothing is hidden or miscommunicated among the product development team members
- There is a free model of this incredible backlog management application but if you want to purchase a subscription then you will have to pay $5/user/month
If you are an agile project management team and you want an effective product backlog management tool that is user-friendly and highly intuitive for all of your users, then you need the software Teamwork.
The application is amazing when it comes to creating tasks, managing processes, or even customizing the workflows of the entire team.
- Cross Project Dependencies
- Project Templates
- Add Recurring Tasks
- Calendar sharing
- Interactive Gantt Charts
- Backlog Management
- Supports Multiple Projects
- The company offers an incredible free forever version of the software that has limited functionality but you don’t have to pay anything
- If you want the paid subscription with more premium features, then you will have to pay $10/user/month or $18/user/month depending on the type of billing plan that you opt for
Probably one of the best product backlog management applications on this list is Hygger.
The application is an incredible tool that allows you to create your Kanban boards so that you can have a lean and clean view of the tasks and processes that you have to perform as part of the execution of the product backlog.
Here are some of the features and functionalities that this product backlog management tool has to offer.
- Table View to make sure that the product development team members have different views as per their needs and requirements
- Sprint Boards to make sure that the project managers can keep an eye on all of the sprints that are taking place as part of the product development process, simultaneously
- WIP Limits
- Timelines to make sure that every task and process is being done in accordance with the time and resources allocated to them by the project roadmap
- Kanban Boards to give you a clear view of the tasks that have to be performed by the team and what are the dependencies between those tasks
- Backlog Management
- There is a free forever plan being offered by the company for this incredible product backlog management application, but if you want a more premium toolset, then you will have to pay $7 or $14/month/user depending on the billing plan that you can opt
Another important software that was purposely designed for all those scrum teams out there in the market right now that are looking for a tool to prioritize customer relationship management is Planigle.
The application is an incredible tool that is intuitive and easy to use, and to top it off, the developers of this wonderful software have put in a helpful training and consultation guide to make sure that the product development team is up to speed quickly and have no issues using the software.
This helpful consultation and training guide also makes sure that the development team gets to finish their work quickly without wasting too much time learning the interface.
Let’s take a look at some of the amazing key features that this application has to offer to its clientele around the world.
- The application provides an incredible backlog creation and prioritization feature that aids in your backlog management activities extensively
- The software also lets you plan your iterations accordingly and track those iterations as they progress along the product development process
- There is also an audit log that can be checked by the project manager or the people in charge to make sure that everything is correct and nothing is being left out
- There is also an incredible task board to track and manage all of the tasks and processes that are being performed as part of the product development process
- There is also an incredible customer support module that helps you to traverse the software easily and without any obstacles
- This product backlog management software is an open-source tool that is available for free, however, if you want to purchase the premium package of the application with a lot more features than the free version, then you will have to pay $30/quarter/user
One thing you should always know whenever you are trying to choose a product backlog management software is that you need software that is capable of streamlining all of the processes right from the start and has the power to make the team’s work more manageable from day one.
Haven’t found one yet? Try Monday.com.
The Monday app is an incredible product backlog management tool that allows teams to start their work within minutes of signing up for the application.
The application also comes with amazing other features like data visualization, and integration with existing tools so that you don’t have to leave anything and start something new, and also has automation features to automate the work that your team finds tedious.
Let’s take a look at some incredible key features that this product backlog management application has to offer to its clientele.
- The product backlog management feature that the tool provides is incredible
- The application lets you collaborate and communicate with your team members seamlessly, which results in less confusion about the work that they have to do and no blank spaces related to information
- You can sync the application with Gmail and Outlook so that all of your emails come straight to the app’s interface and nothing is left behind
- With this application, you can easily document and manage all of the work that you have to perform related to the product development process in one place
- The application lets you on-board all of your new employees easily and without any obstacles
- The application also grants special permissions to the new users that are using the application so that the documents that are more private and require a high pay grade clearance can be hidden from them
- You can easily assign different tasks to different team members so that everyone knows what they have to do regarding the product development process
- You can also keep everyone’s work aligned with automation so that no tasks are missing when it is time to compile the whole product together
- There is a free trial of the software available for use and also an individual plan to let you check out what the application has to offer, without any payment
- The paid subscription of this incredible backlog management application starts at $24/month
These were our top picks for the best product backlog management application that you can use in 2022. If you think that we missed something and you want it added to the article, then write to us and we will review it ASAP.
More Resources You May Like: